Sunday, 10 January 2010

Working At SRC

Here I want to introduce my part-time job in NTU. SRC is a short-form of Sport Recreation Centre. It's located at the east part of NTU. It's not so near to my current hostel. My hall is Hall 15. The duration for me to walk from my room to SRC would take about 20 minutes. But from the very 1st day until today, I felt still ok to walk to SRC to walk. It's very refreshing and would activate ur body for the whole days. haha....

How can I get to work at SRC? I hav to thank 1 of my senior (he oso a jitsinese) who oso previously working here. I was so lucky to see his PM on msn: " Who want to work at SRC?" haha.... That time I was so happy to see this msg. Bcuz during the orientation I already heard that this job is the most slacking job in NTU, very good comments from the senior and so so so.... So I  click on further to start my conversation with this senior. I still remember it was already around 2 or 3 am. And I was just more than 1 month here to be a uni's student. haha... I start to ask the related information of this job. ok, fine. after that I going through the process of intake quite smoothly. But the time for me to wait from the registration to be a student worker here to the real working days costs more than 3 months. This is not bcuz the process are too complicated. It's just that during the semester that they intake the new student workers, still got our senior to work here. They want to intake us to replace our seniors who mostly want to go for Industrial Attachment (IA) [Or others uni called it internship] for half year. So I m so lucky to be the target SRC want. haha.... Becuz their target are YEAR 1 freshies.

Ok! I want to talk about this job. Today(10 January 2010) is my 11th day working here. Last holiday I came back to S'pore purposely to work here from 18 December 2009 to 28 December 2009. So I can considered familiar with my job now. That previous 10 days was really fine to work with different officers or clerks here. Most of them are really nice enough to me. But may be of the boringness during the working time, some of the officers or clerks really talk too much with me. Sometimes will felt that I want to do my own stuffs and want to stop to talk. I was still ok to talk more with them if I got nothing to do. I will think like that bcuz I think I would like to using my working time here to do a lot of my homework and study. haha... Bcuz I think not much friends can disturb me during my working time. And this period will be my ideal time for to study. Others than that, my job scope here are in charge loaning of sport equipment, Q&A for information about SRC, open and close all the doors and all the switches, liaise with all the costomers here (mostly NTU Students and Staffs), control the conditions of fields and courts and so on. This sounds quite messy, but not really costs my most of my time of working. Almost 80% of my working time here are free. I can even msn, facebook, listen to music, watch TV, read newspaper, read books, and so on. Quite free actually. haha... If u see me sign in my msn using ebuddy, then I mostly will be working at SRC. Bcuz the MSN application of the computer of SRC can't really function well. haha..

Starting from today, I will only work every sunday from 8.55am to 6.15pm. So still feel happy to work here. I can earn some pocket money that already enough for me to survive at NTU while doing my own stuff at the counter. While I m writing this essays, I m still working at SRC. I already started to write this after I settle all my duties. Haha... Writing this blog really make my days GREAT!

HAPPY WORKING AT NTU SRC!

No comments:

Post a Comment